Below are all terms and conditions of entering into The Above the Noise Foundation’s Indie Band Contest
*Above the Noise Foundation reserves the right to decline submissions based on content, and when in conflict with the terms and conditions of the contest.
Contest admin will contact you regarding any issues with your submission.
Basic Rules / Policies / Guidelines:
1) Bands must upload original content of a song performance to YouTube. This song will be used in the submission and displayed on the front end for voters to watch. You must provide the full YouTube URL for your video in the submission.
2) Submit all applicable contact information in the submission form. Your contact information will not be accessible to the public, and will be used for the contest administration to contact you about status, winnings, issues, etc.
3) You must submit a personal story regarding your interest in entering the Above the Noise Foundation Indie Band Contest. This can be anything regarding you, a band member, a family member, close friend, or other personal reason as to why playing at a Sober Music Festival is important to you. In short, how come you would like to be a part of Above the Noise Foundation’s advocacy to combat the addiction epidemic?
4) You must adhere to the terms and conditions of the contest, and have permission and exclusive rights to all content submitted. More below.
Submissions, Voting, and Prizes:
1) After submission, your information will be reviewed by the contest admin. You will be notified within 24 hours if your submission is approved or not. Upon approval, your submission will be posted live on our website and ready to be voted on once the contest opens to the public.
2) Voters will be able to vote once per calendar day. Voting will be tracked by sending out a confirmation code to the voter. This is to keep voting fair, and to eliminate spamming of votes for one band.
3) The first place winner of the contest will receive a time slot on the B stage at our festival.
4) *Once the contest voting clock runs out, the winner will be contacted to confirm their place. Once confirmed, winners will be announced on the website, as well as all social media mediums.
5) In the case that the first place winner declines the time slot, we will contact 2nd place, 3rd place, and so on until a band is confirmed for the festival.
*Winners will have a 72 hour grace period from the end of the contest to confirm their time slot with Above the Noise Foundation. If they are unable to be contacted, or have not made a decision in this time, the next runner-up will be eligible to play.
By entering into this contest you must agree to all terms and conditions listed here. Above the Noise Foundation reserves the right to disallow entry, or remove any contestant if their submission does not fall under these conditions.
1) There are no copyright conflicts with the material submitted, and you (the contestant) have ownership and control over the submitted material.
2) The submitted song is NOT a cover song or material from another artist.
3) The video on YouTube with the song meets all of YouTube terms and conditions for copyright compliance and there is no unlicensed use of video, music or samples.
4) The members in the band and video all agree – and the signature of the submitting party (band rep) represents the permission of anyone playing or depicted.
Upon submission into the Above the Noise Foundation Indie Band Contest, the contestant grants Above the Noise Foundation the following:
1) A non-exclusive license to show the song on the ATN web site and other extensions of the ATN brand
2) Use the song or video in promotional materials for the contest and overall ATN marketing
3) Forfeiture of any sync fees for any use that would normally be accrued for use
4) Permission to discuss, submit and highlight the song with media that covers the ATN contest such as radio, magazines and newspaper
First place prize
The winner of first place will receive a time slot to play at the next upcoming sober music festival. The band members must be sober at the concert especially when performing. We do not discriminate for what attendees and bands do outside of our festivals, however our Sober Music Festivals are a place for sobriety. We ask that you be respectful of this policy.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Festival Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years or older at the time of entry. Winners must use their own name. Employees of the contestant band or respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 8:00 a.m. (E.S.T.) on June 1, 2018 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.S.T.) on August 31, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by making a pledge on-line at https://abovethenoisefoundation.org. and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button.
Maximum one (1) entry per band.
Above the Noise Foundation will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Above the Noise Foundation. All entries become property of Above the Noise Foundation and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Above the Noise Foundation in its sole discretion, and Above the Noise Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be selected for each prize at the end of the contest duration by a most-votes count.
Prizes and Odds. Grand Prizes: One (1) Winner will receive the following:
A time slot at the specified Above the Noise Foundation sober music festival on the ‘B’ stage. All incidental expenses and taxes not specified herein will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Failure to claim the prize in a timely manner will result in forfeiture and Sponsors may select an alternate winner to the next runner-up from among remaining eligible entries. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or other merchandise.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. The winners will be notified by telephone within 24 hours after the end of the contest duration. Sponsor will call only once during regular business hours at number provided on entry form. Failure to reach winner within 72 hours may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation by Above the Noise Foundation and their affiliates. Winner by acceptance of the prize agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective parent and affiliated companies, and each of their respective employees, representatives, contractors, and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award, receipt or the use of the prize. Winner will be required to complete, sign and notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability/publicity prior to receiving their prize. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for the prize. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Above the Noise Foundation.
- Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes. Above the Noise Foundation reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Above the Noise Foundation reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. The Festival Day Sweepstakes is sponsored by Above the Noise Foundation. The decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact [email protected]